Lawrence Chapel United Methodist Church was organized around 1908 by Mr. Jim Lawrence and his sister, Mrs. E.B. Ramsey. Many others in the community assisted in the founding of LCUMC. A Sunday School was organized and the old Long Branch School house was used for a period of time as the place for church meetings and services.
The Sanctuary was built in 1912 by people of different denominations and racial backgrounds. It was truly a gathering of the people who lived and worshipped in this community and the surrounding areas. Lawrence Chapel is located on State Highway 133, just north of Daniel High School and is approximately four miles from the towns of Central, Clemson, and Six Mile.